New Year’s Quiz
I took this last year for the 1st time…
New Year’s Quiz 2013 Edition!
1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Similar to last year… I will try to make healthier food choices for myself & my family! New this year… Commit to going to crossfit at least 4, hopefully 5 times a week! Work harder at finding the ever elusive life balance!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes! My friend Lisa! I found out 2 of my friends will be having babies in 2014!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank God!
5. What countries did you visit?
Stayed in the US this year, with trips to NH & FL…skiing, camping, Disney & some kid free getaways too!
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
Be more consistent with healthy habits…meal prep, eating well & clean, crossfit, going to bed earlier, life balance…
7. What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Feb 2nd: Sophie’s 1st birthday! April 1st: found out I had cancer. April 22: had a hysterectomy. July 24th: Ava’s 4th birthday! July 28th: Pete’s 44th birthday celebrated in Baltimore for a weekend of fun with the Red Sox! Nov 16th: Spartan Sprint! Nov 30th: my 34th birthday, had the best meal of my life to celebrate! Dec 31st: ringing in the New Year & sending out the old one that seemed to have more lows than highs!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Kicking cancer’s ASS! Starting crossfit! Signing up for, taking part in & finishing a Spartan Sprint!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Losing myself, losing control & losing my life balance after my cancer diagnosis. Maybe not a failure, but certainly felt like it.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yes, unfortunately. I was diagnosed with a Placental Site Trophoblastic Tumor (PSTT).
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Apple TV, Reebok Nano 3.0’s, Crossfit clothes, Polar Loop
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My husband! He stood by me & helped through all the lows, he celebrated & cheered at all the highs! My daughters…although not always perfectly behaved, they are polite, kind, always full of love & laughter!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Umm…can’t really think of anyone.
14. Where did most of your money go?
House, kids, car, vacations, health bills.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Something I still can’t talk about, a tease I know, but can’t say anything yet.
16. What song will always remind you of 2013?
I love music, especially country…but usually listen to XM Radio in the car or iHeart Radio at home…nothing specific comes to mind.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? I’m happier!
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner…I started crossfit in Sept & I’m noticing changes!
c) richer or poorer? I would say…same.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Same as last year… Stayed more organized about household tasks, worked out more, meal planning, eating healthy & blogging.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Same as last year… Less worry & anxiety! Plus less sickness!
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Same as last year…our yearly traditions! We went to my sister-in-law’s house on Christmas Eve & we hosted my side of the family on Christmas Day.
21. Did you fall in love in 2013?
Yes, I fell MORE in love with my husband, Ava & Sophie!
22. What was your favorite TV program?
A few…Bones, Vampire Diaries, The Originals, Elementary, Beauty & the Beast, Rizzoli & Isles, Nikita…usually watched on the DVR after the kids are in bed!
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No, hate is a strong word & I never plan on using it.
24. What was the best book you read?
Same as last year… I read WAY too many to write down! Reading is my vice…a good vice…but sometimes I’m up until 2am just because I can’t put a book (kindle app on my iPad!) down!
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Listening to music through Apple TV!
26. What did you want and get?
Cured of cancer, my doctor considers the date of my hysterectomy as the date of being cured. A great start on my fitness journey with crossfit!
27. What did you want and not get?
Same as last year… World Peace, a cure to ALL sickness, win the lottery & an end to poverty…
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I watched lots of movies this year, most on Netflix…only a couple in the theaters. I couldn’t pick just one…
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 34 on November 30th. My husband brought me to Boston for an overnight getaway & we stayed at the Langham! We went to lunch at Top of the Hub, had drinks at Frost Bar, walked around Faneuil Hall, did some shopping, carriage ride, had the best meal of my life at L’Espalier & brunch the next day!
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If I hadn’t gotten cancer!
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
Jeans, sweaters, T’s, sundresses, shorts, skirts, yoga pants, workout clothes & a couple of Rent the Runway dresses for events I attended!
32. What kept you sane?
Same as last year… My family, friends & God.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Same as last year… Not really anyone in particular. I do like keeping up with them all in my US Weekly subscription! Guilty pleasure…
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
I do not really keep up with political issues.
35. Who did you miss?
My Dad. I miss him everyday.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
New friends from crossfit, Coach Keidy & yoga instructor Katie!
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.
This is the same as last year… Living a more Thankful life can lead to living a happier life & a life filled with LESS worry & anxiety. Try not to worry about the things you have no control over & only worry about the things that you do have control over. This lesson helped me through my cancer diagnosis & all that went along with that. I also learned to plan for the future but live for everyday.
38. I stareQuote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I’m drawing a blank…..
Wishing you all a very Happy, healthy New Year filled with love, laughter, happiness, family friends & dreams that come true! Cheers to an awesome 2014!