New Year’s Quiz 2014 Edition!
1. What did you do in 2014 that you’d never done before?
Spent a week on Block Island this Summer & loved it! Ava was able to ski on her own a few weeks ago, I was able to ski with her instead of using the harness!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Same as last year… I will try to make healthier food choices for myself & my family! Commit to going to CrossFit at least 4, hopefully 5 times a week! Work harder at finding the ever elusive life balance! New this year…. Try to become a runner! I want work up to running 3-4 miles a couple of times a week!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes! I had 4 friends have babies in 2014! 3 boys & 1 girl!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank God!
5. What countries did you visit?
Stayed in the USA!
6. What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014?
Be more consistent with healthy habits…meal prep, eating well & clean, going to bed earlier, life balance… Household organization!
7. What dates from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Ava had a few 1st’s this year that I will always remember…. She learned to swim with no swimmies, ride a bike with training wheels, pump her legs & swing without pushes, had her 1st day of Kindergarten, skied on her own!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Losing some weight, making gains at CrossFit, continuing to raise my 2 daughters from babies into the greatest little girls!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Feel like I fail at keeping my house organized & just too much clutter. That is going to change!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I fractured ankle in June.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Smart TV, new skis for Ava, new laptop
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Same people as last year… My husband…he is supportive of everything I do, he is always there for me with a hug, kiss, laugh, smile or shoulder to cry on, he loves me with all his heart! My daughters…although not always perfectly behaved, they are polite, kind, always full of love & laughter!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I’ve always felt like I can’t let other people bring me down.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Same as last year…house, kids, car, vacations…
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Something I still can’t talk about, a tease I know, but can’t say anything yet. This is the same as last year too! Maybe something on the horizon…
16. What song will always remind you of 2014?
Same as last year… I love music, especially country…but usually listen to XM Radio in the car or iHeart Radio at home…nothing specific comes to mind.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? I’m happier!
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner!
c) richer or poorer? I would say…same.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Same as last year… Stayed more organized about household tasks, worked out more, meal planning, eating healthy & blogging.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Same as last year… Less worry & anxiety!
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Same as last year…our yearly traditions! We went to my sister-in-law’s house on Christmas Eve & we hosted my side of the family on Christmas Day.
21. Did you fall in love in 2014?
This will always be the same every year! Yes, I fell MORE in love with my husband, Ava & Sophie!
22. What was your favorite TV program?
A few…Bones, Vampire Diaries, The Originals, Elementary, SOA, Nashville…usually watched on the DVR after the kids are in bed!
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No, hate is a strong word & I never plan on using it.
24. What was the best book you read?
Same as last year… I read WAY too many to write down! Reading is my vice…a good vice…but sometimes I’m up until 2am just because I can’t put a book (kindle app on my iPad!) down!
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
26. What did you want and get?
Good health for my family!
27. What did you want and not get?
Same as last year… World Peace, a cure to ALL sickness, win the lottery & an end to poverty…
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I watched lots of movies this year, most on Netflix…only a couple in the theaters. I couldn’t pick just one…
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 35 in 2014! My husband & I took the girls to NYC for their 1st trip! We went to the American Girl store, to see the Rockettes & a carriage ride through Central Park!
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If I had stuck to healthier eating & lost more weight!
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2014?
Mostly gym clothes during the week, with some jeans, sweaters, T’s, sundresses, shorts, skirts (depending on the season) on weekends!
32. What kept you sane?
Same as last year… God, my family & friends.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Same as last year… Not really anyone in particular. I do like keeping up with them all in my US Weekly subscription! Guilty pleasure…
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
I do not really keep up with political issues.
35. Who did you miss?
This will always be the same! My Dad. I miss him everyday.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
My friend Elizabeth!
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2014.
This is the same as last year… Living a more Thankful life can lead to living a happier life & a life filled with LESS worry & anxiety. Try not to worry about the things you have no control over & only worry about the things that you do have control over. This lesson helped me through my cancer diagnosis & all that went along with that. I also learned to plan for the future but live for everyday.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I’m drawing a blank…..
Wishing you all a very Happy, healthy New Year filled with love, laughter, happiness, family, friends & dreams that come true! Cheers to an awesome 2015!