You have invited friends over to your house for a night in…what are you planning?! We had 2 other couples come over & we planned a pizza cook-off! It turned into a great night!
Here is what we did… Everyone prepped their toppings for the pizzas at home, stretched the dough out in a cookie sheet & topped the pizza. I had the oven on & ready for the pizzas, along with an antipasto & cheese plate to nibble on. After we all had a little wine & bites of food, we started cooking the pizzas. Good wine, good food & pizzas, good conversation & most importantly GOOD friends! It was the perfect night in! Especially since the kids were home & slept through it all!
What we had…
- Our friends Joe & Patty made 2 pizzas…a pepperoni with fresh mozzarella & a pizza topped with baby bella mushrooms, olives, artichoke hearts, onions, prosciutto & roasted garlic that was sautéed in red wine! Plus cheese… Delicious!
- Our friends David & Julie made 2 pizzas as well…a pizza topped with prosciutto, pickled green peppers, cheese & balsamic glaze. Plus a dessert pizza with sweetened mascarpone cheese & blueberries. Yum!
- I made a cheese tray with blue cheese, manchego, provolone & brie. For accompaniments…dried apricots, figs, creamed honey, fig preserves & quince paste.
- My anipasto was a mix of roasted red peppers, pickled green peppers, herb & garlic stuffed pepperdew peppers, cheese & prosciutto stuffed cherry peppers, olives & marinated mushrooms. For the meats…prosciutto, salami, hot capicolla & sweet capicolla.
- I topped our pizza with Yukon gold potatoes, onions & shallots that I sautéed in pancetta grease, pancetta, bacon, fontina & asiago cheese & 6 eggs. So good & unexpected!
- Wine, Prosecco & beer…
- Dessert was cocoa rice krispy treats (me) & pumpkin chocolate chip bread (Patty). Plus a cookie brownie pizza topped with chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, mini marshmallows, M&M’s & caramel sauce (Julie)…OMG was it good!
What a fun way to spend a night in with friends! Whether all girls, couples or a guy night…no matter what it would be great! Having everyone prep the toppings at home before they came over saved time once we were all at my house. You could also change it up a little by prepping different toppings before everyone comes over, than your guests could make their own personal size pizza.
Any night with good food & good friends is a GREAT night!
Recipe for my Egg & Potato Pizza, plus a calzone I made with the leftovers will be coming right up!