Wow…is it really Thursday already?! Did this week fly by for anyone else?! We’ve been busy… We were in NH from last Thursday through Sunday for the Polar Express, a little skiing & just some relaxing! Home on Sunday for some Christmas prep… Monday was spent cooking, wrapping & getting ready for Christmas! We were at my sister-in-law’s house on Christmas Eve & brought a dessert, so that was easy! Christmas Day was CRAZY!! Crazy fun & just straight CRAZY! We hosted on Christmas so it was a busy day, but I loved it & wouldn’t have it any other way!! Ok…back on point….Thankful Thursday!!!
I know I’ve said it before…but…I LOVE how I have a running list in my head of Thankfulness! There are ALWAYS the things that top my list…husband, daughters, family, friends, health…after that the list changes depending on the day! Some might be funny or silly, some might be heartfelt…but there is ALWAYS someone or something I am Thankful for! Do you keep a running list in your head? Maybe write your list down? I’ve learned that living a Thankful life can mean living a happier life! Why don’t you give it a try in the New Year?! Start the New Year off the right way!
On this Thankful Thursday…
- I’m Thankful that we had a white Christmas! At least in New England we did! We even got to see Santa’s boot prints in the snow outside on our deck! Ava was overjoyed & soooo excited, she is still talking about seeing the boot prints!
- I’m Thankful for little children’s excitement on Christmas morning! This was the 1st year that Ava, at 3.5, really understood about Santa! It was MAGICAL!
- I’m Thankful that we were able to spend time with both sides of our family at Christmas time!
- I’m VERY Thankful for all my husband’s help whenever we entertain!! He helps me clean beforehand, set up, he is the unofficial bartender, then he helps me clean up afterwards! It wouldn’t be as easy to do without his help!
- I’m Thankful for a night out tonight with some Rhody Bloggers! Including my friends Joanna & Jen!
- I’m Thankful for friendships that stand the test of miles! One of my BEST friends, Andrea, is up from Florida with her family for the holidays… We always get together when she is home! Tomorrow night she is coming over with her husband & 2 girls to hang out with me, my husband & 2 girls!!
“Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you”. ~ Lao Tzu