This is the 2nd in my series of posts on what to see & do in North Conway NH during the seasons. The next post will be about winter, stay tuned. Hopefully this will help if you are planning on traveling to the area or it might entice you to take a trip there!
- Conway Scenic Railroad ~ The fall views are spectacular with the leaves changing…
- Hiking (Free)
- Just driving around, looking at the foliage or looking for wildlife (Free)
- Storyland is open on Sat & Sun through Columbus Day Weekend
- Santa’s Village is open some Sat & Sun through December, check their calendar online.
- Loon & Attitash have fall events as well
- Mount Washington & Cathedral Ledge may be open, depends on weather
- Fryeberg Fair is September 30 through October 7, Fryeberg is in Maine right over the border from North Conway New Hampshire.
Lodging ~ The fall can be a little cold, so we usually stay at a hotel durning this time.
- White Mountain Hotel ~ year round, views of Cathedral Ledge, great Sunday Brunch & Friday Seafood Buffet. The food is excellent in the restaurant, pub & room service. We usually get a suite for the space, price is very reasonable.
- Mount Washington Hotel ~ year round, views of Bretton Woods & Mount Washington. Full service Omni Hotel & Resort. Golf in summer, fall and spring. X Country skiing and horse drawn sleigh rides in winter.
- Red Jacket Inn ~ there is an indoor water park & is located in the center of North Conway. The kids love the waterpark & so do the adults! The Red Jacket has a restaurant which makes for easy dinning, including a great Sunday brunch!
Where to Eat
- The Moat Mountain Smokehouse & Brewery, lunch & dinner
- The Woodstock Brewery, lunch & dinner
- The Muddy Moose, lunch & dinner
- Stonehurst Manor, breakfast, lunch & dinner
- Margarita Grill, lunch & dinner
- Hoursefeathers Restaurant, lunch & dinner Ice Cream shop too!
- Red Fox Bar & Grille, lunch & dinner
- Priscilla’s, breakfast & lunch
- Sunday Brunch at the White Mountain Hotel
- Sunset Shack, breakfast & lunch (BEST breakfast)
Here are the Summer & Winter posts. Hope this series gave you a little idea of what we love about this area in NH. I would love to know where you go on vacation or for quick getaways & why, leave me a comment to let me know!