We love New Hampshire! I mean LOVE! It can take anywhere from 2 to 4 hours to get to destinations in NH from our house, which makes it a great weekend, long weekend or week long trip. It has something for everyone and every season! Our favorites are summer, fall and winter. Spring can be a little wet and muddy due to the snow melt… Within NH we have a favorite spot…North Conway and the surrounding area! Love, Love! There is just so much to do around there and all year round too! North Conway is about 3 hours and 45 minutes away from us, still doable for a weekend, but we really like to go for a long weekend (3 days)!
So what makes it so great? Here is what we like to do in the SUMMER, plus where we like to stay & eat!
SUMMER To Do’s…
- Attitash ~ Alpine Slide, Mountain Coaster, EuroBungy Trampoline, Horseback Riding and more…
- Loon ~ Hiking with Caves, Gondola Ride, EuroBungy Trampoline and more…
- River tubing on the Saco River
- Lower Falls on the Kancamagus Highway (Free)
- Drive to the top of Mount Washington
- Drive to the top of Cathedral Ledge (Free)
- Hiking (Free)
- Village green and playground in the center of North Conway (Free)
- Conway Scenic Railroad ~ Scenic summer views, everything is green and growing…
- White Mountain Hotel ~ year round, views of Cathedral Ledge, great Sunday Brunch & Friday Seafood Buffet. The food is excellent in the restaurant, pub & room service. We usually get a suite for the space, price is very reasonable.
- Mount Washington Hotel ~ year round, views of Bretton Woods and Mount Washington. Full service Omni Hotel & Resort. Golf in summer, fall and spring. X Country skiing and horse drawn sleigh rides in winter.
- Glen Ellis Family Campground ~ This is where we stayed most recently and we loved it! I posted pictures of the campground in my Wordless Wednesday ~ Camping Edition. The campground is open from Memorial Day Weekend through the week after Columbus Day Weekend.
- Red Jacket Inn ~ this has an indoor water park and is in the center of North Conway. The kids love the waterpark & so do the adults! The Red Jacket has a restaurant which makes for easy dinning, including a great Sunday brunch!
Where to Eat
- The Moat Mountain Smokehouse & Brewery, lunch & dinner
- The Woodstock Brewery, lunch & dinner
- The Muddy Moose, lunch & dinner
- Stonehurst Manor, breakfast, lunch & dinner
- Margarita Grill, lunch & dinner
- Hoursefeathers Restaurant, lunch & dinner Ice Cream shop too!
- Red Fox Bar & Grille, lunch & dinner
- Priscilla’s, breakfast & lunch
- Sunday Brunch at the White Mountain Hotel
- Sunset Shack, breakfast & lunch (BEST breakfast)
Here are the Fall & Winter posts! Hope this series gave you a little idea of what we love about this area in NH. I would love to know where you go on vacation or for quick getaways & why, leave me a comment to let me know!